bird toys?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

lynnengreatdanes

Not sure if this is the right section or not, if no I apologize :)
I was at the pet store today looking for a new dog crate and just Had to BROWWWSE the small animal supplies and found loads of natural wood perches, etc ment for parrots and was wondering if they would be ok in a chin enclosure? ( I bought 3 just in case, the store is a ways away from me..)
they are just regular wood, promised safe for birds to peck at, untreated, set up kind of like Lava Ledges with the metal spinner to attach to the cage. I also got this neat *bundle* of knawsticks. I was wondering if natural bird perches/etc are ok for chins? I want to give them as much to do as possible since they are up all night and I am not lol, Dont want my buddies bored!

I think the only wood we are unsure of bird wise is dragonwood. Cholla, and grapevine are safe.

Mine love their grapevine (grapewood) perches; they naw on them, sit on them etc. I put them next to their regular wood ledges.

Bird toys are generally safe for chins.
You would need to avoid toys that have plastic parts such as beads, rawhide, corn cob, and cloth with long stranded fibers. A solid knowledge of chin safe woods is also helpful, but I have yet to come across bird toys that use unsafe woods.
As birds are typically very sensitive to environmental polutants, the wooden and stone purches and chews are guaranteed pet safe (or should be).
Have fun shopping!

I personally sell bird toys online to Chin, rabbit and Degu owners. I verify that all the parts are safe aka no leather and nothing that could hurt them.
I also sell sandblasted grapvine perches and cholla perches... they are fine for birds, small animals and reptiles.

Back