breeders/chin shows in/around British Columbia?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kassilik

I've been doing a lot of reading on breeding lately, I don't have any plans to start or anything but it's just something I'm enjoying looking into for now. I'd like to get to know a bit more but I don't know many chin-knowledgeable people in the area. Does anyone know of any reputable breeders or chin shows in the area? Could go as far as Washington or Alberta as well. Mostly out of curiosity at this point! Sorry if this is the wrong section, not 100% sure!

There are two breeders in BC that I know of, a lady that runs Chinchilla Park Place in Victoria, I can't think of her name off hand but she also has show info on her site too (it's old, but maybe she might know if you e-mailed her). She also has an online store too that I have bought from many times.

The second breeder is Alderbrook Chinchillas on Vancouver island.

There's BC Chinchilla House in Vancouver, Kristine Budlong. And there are breeders in Washington too. But give your home fellows first try . . .

So unfortunately I've contacted them both and it seems that neither are breeding anymore. The lady from Alderbrook chinchillas also mentioned that there haven't been shows in BC in a couple of years so I will probably eventually be going to Washington to attend one in the future. I haven't been able to find any other breeders around though, and it almost seems to me like a lot less people are interested in chinchillas these days. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places. Though it seems to me that even this forum has died down significantly in the past couple of years and once again the lady that I talked to from Alderbrook mentioned that the ranchers that mentored her no longer breed either. It doesn't seem like it's going to be very easy to acquire information!

Back