Hi There! :)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MGasser

Hello, all. My name is Michael and I'm new here! I'm a 21 year old actuarial science student studying in Illinois. I have wanted a chinchilla since my sophomore year of high school, and recently (in October) the animal shelter on my girlfriend's campus had one get brought in. I picked him up less than a week later and have been super happy with my little guy, Totoro. I wanted to get another one, and hopefully have them be friends in the future, but there weren't any breeders nearby and all shelters were empty of chinchillas. So, unfortunately, I looked towards PetSmart to find myself another friend. I picked up a beautiful ~4 month old chilla that went by Little Monster until I finally settled on the name Taz.

I'm a very new chinchilla owner and decided that I should probably join a forum like this to gain as much insight into proper care as I can. I look forward to meeting some of the community and hopefully having some good discussions in the future!

Welcome to the forum Michael. Glad you went the rescue route.

I'm currently studying at Illinois State because they have one of the best actuarial science programs in the country (albeit not much else noteworthy). My girlfriend also goes to U of I! I'm there at her apartment now, coincidentally.

Back