Hello!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just bought my first chin about 4 days ago. His name is Alfred, and he is about 5 months old. I feel like I've done a good amount of research on chins, but might have rushed in to getting him. When I went into petsmart (which I now know is kind of frowned upon) I hadn't planned on getting a chinchilla, but when I held him, I just fell in love and couldn't resist.

He has now been with us for 4 days, and it seems like we are earning his trust quickly, that is until we tried to check for hair rings. Now he doesn't seem to like my boyfriend very much. Things are getting better between the two of them though, and we are just trying to give him time and patients.

Anyways, I just wanted to say hi! I have already learned so much on this forum and look forward to reading more forums!

Welcome to the forum! I too did a lot of research before hand and still felt like I rushed getting Stanley, but I think you might surprise yourself with how much you actually know!

Can't wait to see pictures of Alfred!

Back