Winston - Sept/08 - July/13

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gingerred

Hi all. I've posted several updates about Winston, but today we decided to take him into the vet. He was diagnosed with a squamous tumour about 2 weeks ago and it has grown immensely over these 2 weeks. Winston could no longer close his mouth and was beginning to have trouble chewing, though he still managed to eat everything he could. The vet checked him out and said the tumour was now growing from his jaw and down under his chin. It was also abscessed, beginning to bleed a little and starting to smell.

Right to the end, Winston was wheeling, exploring and running around the table at the vets. He got the smell of the dog who had been in before him and was happily anointing for about 10 minutes. We had a quick cuddle time before he was off exploring again, checking under his blankets, biting them and trying to tear them apart before pushing them all over the table.

We've decided to cremate Winston and will be placing his ashes under a tree we are putting in this summer in the middle of our yard, so he will always remain a part of our house here.

A huge thanks to all who helped us out over the past 5 years with questions and advice. I've found a lot of support here and it was much appreciated. Goodbye Winston. you will be greatly missed in this house

Oops. I forgot some photos of Winston.

2h55hjm.jpg

ruslft.jpg

Last edited:
He was adorable. I'm so sorry for your loss, but it sounds as though you chose the right time to let him go. He was still enjoying life, even though he must have been in pain. I'm glad the forum was here when you needed it and hopefully it will still be here if you need it again.

Rest in peace Winston.

What an adorable little face he had! And I love his name, I named a very special kitten of mine Winston.
It sounds like he had an amazing life with you guys and was enjoying himself up until the very end which is wonderful and all we can hope for. I'm sure he's still wheeling up in hedgie heaven :heart3:

I am sorry for your loss of Winston buy happy he had such a good life with you. He will make such a handsome angel.

Back