Hiccups?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

Kenji

When I was holding Kenji over the weekend he'd still curl up in a ball and make his hedgie noises. Occasionally he'd "hiccup". I can't remember if it was after I'd touch him or just as he was curled up and in his "protective" stage.

Are these "hiccups" normal?

This is normal. Litchi does that on top of huffing. It's like a "click", right?

Maybe? I'll have to wait for Kenji to do it again, but I think it's like a click. His whole body jumps though when he does it. Is that normal too?

Well that's what litchi does when she's in a ball and not happy. I hear her huff and she does that click/hicup sound and she jumps. But she calms ou after a couple of minutes.

Yup perfectly normal.. Sometimes they can sound like a "bark" if they are really annoyed.. LOL Like Needler right now in my lap!

I think thats normal, I figured it was to "injure" the "attacker" by popping the spikes into hands above him

Yeah, if "hicuping" meant that something was wrong, Hotdog would be running up to the vet so many times she might as well live there. She does it everytime I walk into the room or turn on a light and she usually carries it out for at least another minute. She is a very friendly hedgie, she just is really shy and hates light and noise.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for all your answers! Sorry I am delayed in getting back to everyone! I work for a CPA and we just finished tax season (THANK GOD!) hence the absence!

Back