Wheels

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

sweepylove

I am a new hedgie owner and in desperate need of a wheel! The ones in pet stores look like junk and I see great ones on here. Where do you all buy the,. Does anyone on here sell them?

thanks! I appreciate thhe tips! The wheel we have now is from the pet store and not very good.

I don't normally sell wheels except to those buying a baby. Sasha was just lucky that I had a bunch of them at the time she asked.

Helen of Sunshine Quills sells wheels http://www.sunshinequillhedgehogs.com/products.html

Reaper sells awesome cake walk wheels. I'm just waiting to find out his website.

Pixie on here can tell you of her experience with the one Prickles posted.

Reapers Wheel

Reapers Web site www.hedgehogwheel.com says it's still coming. If you are in a rush to get one then it won't be from him. But if you wait he has awsome HH information and will probably make a really great ones.

The cake walk wheel is made out of those round sterlite cake carriers. I've yet to find one that type of cake carrier here but they are great looking and will be very sturdy and long lasting. I've seen pictures of Reapers and they will be awesome.

lol April XD ( He makes them out of cake covers instead of buckets )

My boyfriend got our wheels from Hedgehogs by Vickie. I love these wheels... they're super easy to clean and I can guarantee they are whisper quiet... the only thing you still hear is the pitter patter of little hedgie feet on them.

They're a little pricey, but totally worth it in my opinion.

I have bucket wheels and comfort wheels. Bucket wheels are by far the best I have used. I got them from sunshine quills. They are GREAT! I have used a Silent spinner too with heavy mods and still didnt like it.

i have a silent spinner and SweetPea loves it she'll run for hours on it.

Well, I would just like to add Jeanette's experience with a silent spinner as a warning for those that read this (hope that's okay).

I had one of these... and let me tell you something!
My hedgehog ended up catching one of his toes in the little slot in the middle of the wheel. 3 x-rays, pain medications, antibiotics, 2 trips to the vets, and $600 later we found out that he was lucky... didn't break his foot or anything, but mangled his toe and the nail pretty bad.

People had told me that the wheel wasn't safe. But I thought "that hole is so small...no way he could hurt himself on that". I felt horrible for having Spiny go through that just because I wouldn't listen to people more experienced than I was.

Back