Dirt

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sheriffnick

So the last time i took my hedgie Claribelle outside for a little bit she immediatley found some dirt between some rocks on a small garden area and started digging. Then she smeared some on her sides which i know is normal. What i was wondering is if there is a way to maybe make her a digging box with maybe dirt or something but also somewhere for her to clean herself? I dont know how i might go about this but i know she's a digger and an explorer, not much for toys. I wanna make her happy so i think this might be a good idea?

You can make dig box but not with dirt. Dirt can get stuck in his ears, noses and other little sensitive areas and is well DIRTy. You can get a tissue box and fill it with scraps of fleece. You can make strips of different shapes sizes and colors and shove them in the box. If he pees and/or poops in this box you can get a lingerie bag super cheap and fill it with the pieces and throw it in the laundry.

My gang love their dig boxes. I have caught Aero and Needler on several occasions on their wheels witha piece of fleece in their mouths and they will bring it to their houses and buy a nest. You can also put these pieces around the cage as an enrichment activity.

Back