Bottom of cage

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

Kimbie-n-Ares

What's best to use in the bottom of Ares' cage? I used some wood shavings for small animals the few couple of days I got him, but he started sneezing a LOT. So now he has towels in there until I can find something else to use. Any suggestions on what to use? Thanks!

Many of us use cloth liners for our hedgehog's cages. You can use fleece to line the bottom of the cage. Just buy anti-pill fleece from a fabric store, and cut to the size of the hedgehog's cage. Or if you can sew you can sew nice cloth liners as well. I sew my own. Mine are composed as follows: flannel:fleece:flannel. corduroy:fleece:corduroy is also a popular combination.

I'm having similar problems with my hedgie. I feel I couldn't use a cloth liner as I think he would just burrow his way underneath it and I wouldn't want him to sleep on the plastic on the bottom of his cage. He also isn't potty trained and poos everywhere!!
I'll give the liners a go, but does my sewing have to be really good? cause I'm worried that he might get his little feet caught.
I've been thinking about maybe trying the wood pieces that are used in snake tanks, what do you think?

Back