THermostat?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tessa.31

Hello,
Well I've been looking for a thermostat for my CHE for about a week and a half, I've called and been to every pet store and pet supplie store where I live and I've looked at online sites and I finally found one, but I dont know if its the right one for what I need so im hoping you guys could help me out.

Here's the lnk:
http://www.petblvd.com/cgi-bin/pb/ZOO37501.html

THanks,
Tessa

Yes, that is the right one but don't order it from the US. You might have to pay duty on it.

There are a couple of places in Canada you can order from, one is Big Al's online Canada. I just did a quick search for it and didn't come up with the Canadian one. There is another one that I know a few people have dealt with but I don't remember it's name. I'm just on my way out the door so will take a better look later on.

I also have another question that im hoping you could help me out with. so imwondering is it safe to put the CHE right on top of my cage, i have a wire top/ plastic bottom cage??
Thanks,
Tessa

Yes you can put it right on top of the cage. You can either clamp it on the top angled down towards the cage, or you can set the fixture right on top. I suggest using a piece of wire and wire the fixture so it can slide around or slide off. The fixtures I use have a few small holes in the edge of the fixture to put a wire through.

Which cage do you have? For most cages a 100 watt emitter is enough.

Back