Best type of Wheel

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

z.feidelberg

Zander
I know that the carolina storm wheel is the most recommended wheel but what about the plastic flying saucer wheels? I already have one that I used to use for my Chinchilla and I was wondering if I could use it for a hedgehog.

Edit: I read your post wrong and thought you had said you are currently using the plastic wheel for your chinchilla. I just reread the sentence and it said used to use, so this entire post is null and void now.

As for the wheel for hedgehogs, I have seen many people on this site use them. I'm not very hedgehog savvy so I can't say if they are safe or not. Hopefully someone with more hedgie experience will chime in soon.

Last edited:
The concern I have with a flying saucer for a hedgie is that the running surface is on an angle and some hedgehogs don't run normally on it. I, and many others feel that over time the flying saucer could lead to joint damage because of the awkward running surface especially with larger sized hedgehogs.

Back