Water

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zahrii

My family uses a water cooler as our drinking water source, as our tap water isn't that great. Would a chinchilla be okay from drinking water from the water cooler, or do I need to get water that's more purified?

We use a water cooler for our drinking water too, so that is what my chins drink too. As long as it's reverse osmosis filtered (normally what those 5 gallon water cooler bottles are filled with) it's good.

Is there a way to tell if it's definitely reverse osmosis filtered, or is it an always thing with 5 gallon bottles? I get them from Walmart.

If you are refilling them at the water filling machine it's reverse osmosis, but if you are just buying new jugs they normally come in distilled (minerals removed good for cleaning not for drinking), spring, and reverse osmosis and will say right on the bottle.

Is there health threats I should be aware of if for whatever reason the water isn't reverse osmosis? Like spring water, for example?

Back