Chins & Hedgies

It is Central Time
Go Back   Chins & Hedgies > Hedgehog Forums > Hedgehog Housing & Supplies
Register Chat FAQ Shop Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Hedgehog Housing & Supplies Anything to do with the housing & supplies of a hedgie - post it here!

Old 08-10-2013, 07:19 AM United States
super-duper hedgiepig

Hedgehogs: 2

Hahaha... Make sure to super-clean cage parts as you're assembling.

I'm sure he'll make the transition just fine. If you move some of his current bedding over to the new cage (ie, the stuff he's on right now... without cleaning it), then things will smell "normal" to him. He'll probably spend a good part of the night today or tomorrow figuring out where his stuff is and all the new places he can roam.
--> Satin Mirranda Hufflepuff <--
Old 08-10-2013, 09:34 AM United States

Hedgehogs: 1
Default Chester...from plastic bin to giant new home

I didn't take pictures of Chester's plastic bin, as I'm certain you already know what those look like. It has been his home for two weeks. But on his two week anniversary of me being his mom, I assembled his gigantic C&C cage.
It isn't as if I don't know how to measure, but somehow, 2 grids x 3 grids did not seem nearly as huge in my head as it is in real life. Nonetheless, he now has a great new world to explore.

I moved some of his dirty bedding in with him, and all of his existing Chester-smelling stuff, including his wheel that still had poop on it. I thought that might add to the ambiance for his first night in a new home.

I made sure to block all openings in the room, just in case he got out somehow, since the grids are bigger than I thought. I see little chance of him squeezing his head through, let alone that butt.

His new cage has a ramp to a second smaller floor. But the ramp came with safety sides, and the top level has a guard around it to prevent him from falling. I never dreamed he would be brave enough to explore up there already so i don't have that floor prepared for him, but i found a poop!!

When I woke early, I checked on him and he was on his wheel, then running around, all flat-quilled, fur sides exposed. I hardly ever see him this relaxed. He was having a great time with all of the space.
Today, we are furnishing his upstairs bedroom with some colorful fleece and maybe another wheel or sleeping area.

I'll keep you all posted, but so far, it's the best move I could have made. So what if i had to get rid of a dresser so his cage would fit
Old 08-10-2013, 09:52 AM United States

Hedgehogs: 1
Default First time in new cage

It has a connected top on it, but i have it open during this picture. The upstairs is not yet furnished
Also, i want to move to fleece, but I need to get measurements and figure out the best way since this guy digs!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cage.jpg (95.4 KB, 9 views)