Chins & Hedgies

It is Central Time
Go Back   Chins & Hedgies > Chin Forums > Chin Debate
Register Chat FAQ Shop Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Chin Debate Debate chin topics here - PLEASE KEEP IT CIVIL!

Old 07-07-2015, 03:51 PM United States

Chinchillas: 1

I have three chins right now. One in a double level FN with a Silver Surfer, one in a guinea pig cage because he is old and doesn't have that good of balance, and one in a kaytee chinchilla/ferret cage.

Link, in the FN, gets mad at me if I put him back at all. Doesn't matter if I have him out for 30min or for 4 hours. And he gets out every night. He has a wheel.

Dusty, in the guinea pig cage, gets out almost every day. There are some times when he doesn't but makes me feel guilty. He's building up his time so he can gain strength in his legs and become healthy (I got him around a month ago). No wheel.

Ande, in the Kaytee, doesn't get out every night and doesn't have a wheel yet because she is a foster from my work at a shelter. She needs it but whenever I let her out into a playpen, she tries to escape. She DESPERATELY needs a wheel.

I like having my chins run around. I feel bad if they don't get out. If I didn't have to have them in a cage, I wouldn't.
Old 04-07-2017, 10:32 AM United States

These are so interesting to read. I actually started letting my little dude out after a couple of weeks. I sat with him in a small room for 30 mins every day. That's how we bonded.
He's going on 6 months now and he gets about 2 hours out every day in his chin-proof room. It doubles as my office and dressing room, so I'm in there for awhile anyway.
I'm getting him a wheel soon, but he likes to roam and wall surf so much! He gets stir crazy when I don't let him out, but it doesn't affect his appetite or playfulness.