Chins & Hedgies

It is Central Time
Go Back   Chins & Hedgies > News & Questions > Introductions
Register Chat FAQ Shop Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Introductions Introduce yourself to CnH!

Old 05-26-2019, 12:36 AM United States

Default Hiya

I am in the process of adopting a chinchilla. I found one at a rescue whose personality sounds like a perfect match for me. The rescue hasn't returned my email in a few days and it's making me nervous that they either haven't received it, or that I'm not approved.

I have read all types of things on chinchillas and I'm trying hard to learn as much as I can about them. My friend had one years ago that I used to help care for sometimes and I was in love with it, so I finally decided to adopt one for myself. I found one on a craigslist listing which I know I can get if the rescue adoption falls through, but its personality is not what I'm looking for (Plus I'm not sure how much I trust finding pets on Craigslist). The description almost makes it sound like the chinchilla was abused or something and I would rather have a friendly, loving, playful chinchilla, rather than one who wouldn't want anything to do with me. I suppose that's selfish, but still, that's just what I want. This is my first chinchilla and I wouldn't know how to care properly for one that has had a bad history.

Are there any other rescues or breeders here from the St. Louis, MO area who have chinchillas at the moment? When I look Google, I can only find the one I am already dealing with. I wish they would just respond to my email, but I suppose it takes time. I am just very ready for a little fur baby in my life. I really want to adopt the chinchilla from the rescue, but I'm scared it's not going to happen. So if you're in the St. Louis area, feel free to contact me. I hope it's okay to ask that here. Anyway, I mostly wanted to say hi, but this is all so built up in my head that it's making me anxious and I guess I needed to vent a little bit. Sorry about that. Thanks for reading.

tooner