Chins & Hedgies

It is Central Time
Go Back   Chins & Hedgies > Hedgehog Forums > Hedgehog Breeding & Babies
Register Chat FAQ Shop Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Hedgehog Breeding & Babies Anything to do with breeding hedghogs or about baby hedgies (hoglets) here.

Old 03-22-2010, 10:06 AM United States
Chinnie Maid

Chinchillas: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkerspetchins View Post
this made me laugh because under her avatar is says "bender of truth"...doesn't that say it all lmbo...
hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-22-2010, 10:39 AM United States
Administrator/Owner

Chinchillas: 300'

Quote:
This made me laugh because under her avatar is says "Bender of Truth"...doesn't that say it all LMBO...
I don't know HOW that could have gotten there............

Old 03-22-2010, 11:02 AM United States
Chinnie Maid

Chinchillas: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunes View Post
I don't know HOW that could have gotten there............
I don't know either....
I think you're somehow becoming more tolerant lately, Peggy. What are you taking? I thought for sure 86 would've seen the rare dancing lady by now...
Old 03-22-2010, 11:11 AM
Nirvana

Tunes, you are absolutely right about the information. I wrote it based on research and experience, BUT my proofreading of it was pathetic, and that's just negligent on my part. (I didn't think it was ALL that bad -- at least I didn't say something really stupid like suggesting that chinchillas should be fed all guinea pig pellets or something like that -- but even a few errors are a big problem.)

I don't have a **** thing to say about that that can in any way make it better except to say that before I put it back up, I am going to make **** sure that everything on there is 100% accurate. If y'all are willing, I can post it for review here so that the collective experience of those on the board can make sure that it is totally accurate before being put out there to the world.

I've spent the weekend studying for a cardiology exam, so I haven't had time to work on the info yet ... I just took it down for now. But once I get a moment I will go through it with a fine-toothed comb, and post it for review if you guys are willing to have a look at it.

As far as the rescue thing goes ... I have taken that statement down, because it's honestly misleading. I **don't** breed rescues. I can provide peds and background info for all of my breeders (and anyone buying a baby from me will be furnished with a pedigree). I do take in rescues if they need re-homing (in fact, I have a few that need new homes now if anyone is looking ..!) but I do NOT breed them! In fact, they don't even go in the same room as my breeders for health reasons. So, rather than having something ridiculously sketchy and inaccurate on my site, I just removed it.

Aaand as for the OP ... Boy was that weird. And for the record -- I had NO idea that she had intended to breed her hedgehogs (this was never even obliquely mentioned in any of her dozens of emails), but if I had known, I would've canceled the sale just that much earlier. Yikes.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:18 AM Canada
Hooked on Hogs

Hedgehogs: 7

Thank you Nirvana for posting your side of the storey. The way the OP posted to HHC led people to believe it was she who decided not to buy from you.

As for breeding rescues, Peggy is right. There is no animal groups that are going to agree that breeding rescues is okay to do.

For all your hedgehogs needs visit
Old 12-21-2012, 07:28 AM United States

So what's the reason behind not handling them much? Is it a protective mom? Just preference? Or a lie from OP?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 12-21-2012, 11:49 AM United States
super-duper hedgiepig

Hedgehogs: 2

It's alittle hard to sort out truth from fiction in the OP's post... so I don't know when those babies were first handled. That said, in general, momma hedgies are very protective of their babies. Handling babies too early can stress out a momma. And stressed mommas can do things like neglecting or cannibalizing their babies. So, depending on how stressed and protective a momma hedgie is, their human will know to either interact with or stay away from the babies.
--> Satin Mirranda Hufflepuff <--
Old 12-21-2012, 12:25 PM United States

Yeah I'm aware it's not a option for some mamas, but that's why I was asking said breeder. I just realized the date on this thread... No idea how I came across it. Lol. Thanks for your response

It says on nirvanas profile they were banned?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by Chinmama; 12-21-2012 at 02:52 PM. Reason: merging posts