• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Chins-N-Hedgies and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Chinchilla baby and all supplies Phila, PA

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skysurfer2010

I have up for sale a baby chinchilla. He was born January 2018 and purchased from a respectable local breeder. He is a light ebony (darker than standard grey but not super dark) and very sweet. He loves chin rubs and loves attention. He has no bad manors and is very friendly.

EVERYTHING needed is included:

Ferret nation double cage
Custom made ledges (by me) using kiln dried pine
Extra kiln dried pine to make more ledges in the future
Bass stainless steel pans for upper and lower cage
Scatter guards for upper and lower cages
Hand made (purchased) washable fleece hanging toys
Chin spin 15" metal silent wheel
Kiln dried pine hiding house

Mazuri chinchilla food (two bags)
Food bowl
Two types of hay racks
Two no drip water bottles
Timothy hay (main staple) and alfalfa hay (smaller portion)
Oats for treats
Two lava ledges
Toys
Aspen bedding
Dust bath bowl
Large Blue Dust chinchilla dust bath
Cleaning supplies
Digital thermometer and humidity display

All food and hay is stored in plastic airtight tubs for freshness. He only has access to the upper level of the cage at this time since he is a kit (baby). The upper level has wire mesh around it that can be taken down when he is 6 months old to prevent him from escaping through the bar spacing of the cage.

Chinchillas are easy to care for, but have very specific requirements. They require to be kept in temperatures below 75F with no direct sunlight or breezes. They can only have certain woods (kiln dried pine not regular pine), certain types of bedding (aspen, no cedar, kiln dried pine, etc nothing scented). They can't be given many treats (a few oats or ONE raisen a week). Their food can't have treats in it (oxbow or mazuri only). No tap water either filtered or distilled. Absolutely NO plastic in their cage!! They will chew this and if they digest plastic they will die. This is why the lower pans have been replaced with stainless steel pans and why I custom made the ledges. Originally included plastic ledges and pans might be ok for other animals but not chinchillas.

I've taken ALL of the guesswork out of what to purchase. Every single item needed is included and heavily researched. Every item is also the highest end you can get and there's well over $1,000 worth of items.

Only reason for selling is there's a change in jobs. I'll be going away unexpectedly for two months and don't have anyone to take care of him for me. I will ONLY sell to a good home and I will be asking questions to ensure you're an educated buyer to give him a good and safe home. He has a great temperament and would be great with kids. He has never bitten anyone.

Asking for less than half invested for a good home. $475

I would be happy to board him for the two months you will be gone if you want to keep him. I'm a breeder/rescue in York, pa

Back