Pneumonia

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liam1

Hey guys, im new to this forum but have been posting on others for a while now and have had my baby boy Liam for about 8 months now. To start from the beginning, one day I gave him a bath and both me and his vet assume water must've gotten into his nose as he developed a URI that due to late detection developed into pneumonia. He has been on various antibiotics (baytril, amoxicillin, clavamox, tribrissen) and two antifungal (terbinafine and itraconazol) for about 6 months and still no improvement. He is currently on baytril and itraconazol as well as a nebulizing solution.

I really have absolutely no clue on what I should do next as it seems were running out of options. We've already had 2 sets of xrays done along with a culture and sensitivity test, but nothing seems to be helping him

As you known im pretty frusturated because I love him so much and he's been dealing with yhis for so long and I know it must not be comfortable. So I guess my question was ultimately if anyone had any suggestions on what we should try next or if anyone has ever gone through a similar experience? Any bit of knowledge helps. Thank you guys in advance!

Back