• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Chins-N-Hedgies and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

can't find a breeder

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

chin_mama

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone could help me out. We currently have one chinchilla that we found on kijiji. We are wanting to get another one but hopefully from a breeder this time. Problem is I can't find a breeder in manitoba. I've seen a couple of websites of breeders in Canada that could ship but it doesn't seem like the websites were updated recently (one even dates back to 2006) is there any breeders on here in Canada that ship or do you know of anyone?

Most do not ship because shipping animals is fairly traumatic...especially for skittish animals like the chinchilla. A reputable breeder typically will not be willing to ship a chinchilla, they will make you come to them to pick them up.

There is a breeder in BC that I talked with last year, she said she regularly ships chins over to Ontario, so Manitoba wouldn't be that bad. She says they do fine, you just need the right carrier and everything. Alderbrook Chinchillas, I would e-mail to inquire, just because the website isn't updated doesn't mean it's out of business, they could just be busy. There is also Chinchilla Park Place, also in BC, not sure it they ship but worth asking. I live in Alberta so BC is what I've been checking out as closest for me that still even have sites up. You could also try The Canadian Chinchilla Rescue, I know you were wanting to buy from a breeder but they do get babies sometimes, and rescues need homes too.

It is entirely untrue than reputable breeders do not ship. I know Tiffany's Chinchillas who is a fantastic breeder ships.

Back