dumbest thing your chin has ever done

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My chin is about 10 months old so hes going through puberty (humping everything in sight.. I had him out for play time and my friend was in there with him and she had on fuzzy socks and he kept chasing her feet around trying to hump them!

My chin is still a baby, 13 weeks old and he has just done the silliest thing I have ever seen a chinchilla do. He is really clumsy most of the time and over estimates his abilities, but this time was the funniest. He has a fleece hanging house really close to one wall in his ferret nation and he decided to lean his back against it and climb up off a shelf just onto one higher horizontal rung. so he is hanging there not sure what to do now and he just lets go of the cage! plops back onto the shelf on his butt, shakes himself off and hops off to continue playing. I laughed so hard but he seemed totally fine :)

ok so my 4 month old chinchilla Stella , was begging for her favorite treat ( dried cranberry) for ever! She was going crazy then when i finally gave her the treat she threw it out of her cage and then peed in her food bowl

Not really the chinchilla that was dumb but more me.

When i very first got my chinchilla i lost him behind the bathroom sink, he droped down under the floorboards, we lifted all the floor up and found he had dropped down the cavity of the wall to downstairs, so we had to put a hole in the wall to get him out!!

I felt so bad, and explaining it to the vet when we went to check he was ok was very embarrassing. Next time i go to the loo i will be sure to shut the door behind me. I let them play in the hall upstairs as their is nowhere to get lost, unless of course you open the bathroom door, i had intended to shoo him away if he came to the bathroom, but under estimated how fast a chinchilla can actually be, before i knew it he had dashed passed me and down the hole.

I had put a new chin spin in my older girl's cage and she mistook it as a sitting ledge. She hopped on top and it started rolling. Before I could grab her she had her face pressed against the side of the cage, stuck. She didn't go near it for the next few days but she was so upset!

My chinchilla did something very stupid a few months ago. I had the door on the top level of his cage open and he jumped out from the top level of his cage and landed right on top of my Golden Retriever's head! Thankfully my dog is super gentle and just sat there until my chinchilla jumped off her head and scurried away. Now I'm super cautious when I'm putting something into their cage and I immediately close the cage door if one of my chins gets too close to the edge. :rofl:

Just last night my chin was having playtime in the bathroom. I had a toilet paper roll on the floor for him to play with along with a cardboard box. He popcorned right on to the toilet paper roll which moved, spooked him and he went flying, bounced off the wall and ran straight into the cardboard box! THUNK! Then peeks around the corner like did you see that!? And continues popcorning through the room. Crazy chins!

Oh gosh, where to start, ive only had my chin since august and it seems like every other day she is doing something that makes me want to facepalm:facepalm:! Whenever she gets spooked she in convinced that running as fast as she can on her wheel will save her, but I have a feeling many chins do this. My favorite thing she does, not sure if it is stupid or genius, is when I give her squares of cardboard to gnaw on she will only eat so much of it and then either toss it out of her cage or put it in her litterbox...she is possibly making a puzzle... but if I try to give her the piece again she will continue to put it in her litterbox or throw it out of her cage and not eat anymore

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 13
That's a tough choice.

It would have to between Garrus' constant habit of running into things because he runs too fast when he plays. (Last night I was putting fresh hay in his cage. He heard me open the bag, darted out from under a desk, and ran straight into my leg wanting some.)

Or the time he sat on top of his house and wanted food from his dish. So he tried to grab a piece by leaning over the edge and fell face first into the bowl - upon which he decided to sit in the bowl and eat.

The biggest thing Yukis done (off the top of my head) was try to jump out one of those tiny basement windows. Or at least I think that's what he was trying to do. He was at the bottom of the stairs and ran and jump straight into the wall about 2-3 feet up an fell back down. :facepalm: he shook himself like he couldn't believe he didn't make it to the window that was AT LEAST six feet up. And closed. (Yet that shelf thats new and under an inch away is totally too far :CSarcasm: ) It'd be hilarious if I didnt have to worry about him hurting himself.

One of mine ran in their wheel, in top of it. Needless to say she soon proceeded to fall off. Her cage mate then went into the wheel to run so she jumped back ontop of it and tried to run ontop again. She of course fell back off.

When they were younger, same pair, one was resting on their ledge half asleep. The other as bouncing around on the ledges then jumped to the bottoms this startled the sleeping chin so she fell off and went to the bottom of the cage which started the one who had jumped down originally.

chin vs. cat

The dumbest thing my chin has ever done was beat the craps out of my cat. They get allong just fine and sometimes the chin chills out on the cat but she got hungry I guess and bit the cats tail and the cat batted at her and her reaction was to popcorn and like kangaroo kick the cat in the face then off the wall and on the cats face again. Cat ran away and I guess was embarrassed

My chinchilla bandit used to come to the door for me to pick him up. Now he runs to the door to jump out of the cage or get caught by me! Aside that my other chinchilla bebe walked out of her bathhouse turned right kept walking and fell casually as if nothing happened...

Kamikaze chinchilla

I taught my boy to jump on my shoulder on command. Unfortunately at first when I was still using treats to train him this he thought whenever I opened his cage was the perfect time to superman onto my shoulder. Let's just say chinchillas don't fly well. Thankfully he didn't hurt himself, but he was rather stunned. He learned his lesson after this.

Recently I had to feed my chinchilla Dory some medicine out of a syringe, and she got a little on her face. Before I could get a napkin to help her wipe it off, she had already attempted to do so. The problem was that she drug her paw straight in the sticky spot, across her face, and into her whiskers, where it promptly got stuck. Panicked she overreacted and tried to pull it loose, stumbling around trying to get her paw unattached from her whiskers. I had just got the napkin when, her paw still attached to her face, she fell off her ledge.
Luckily she was on the bottom ledge of her small cage, where the ledge isn't close to even a foot off the ground. When I went to untangle her, wipe it off, and check to see if she was alright, I found her okay if a little peeved and offended. She only begrudgingly let me untangle her. Though for the next couple days she held a grudge and gave me difficulty feeding her the medicine out of the syringe. The whole situation really was my fault, and I'm grateful she eventually forgave me and let me feed her the medicine regularly again.

My chin's old cage was about 2 feet high, so I would keep her dust bath on top of it and she would have no problem jumping up there to bathe. Well I just got her a new cage that's over four feet high. I put her bath on top of it and forgot to take it down during playtime. I caught her climbing up her cage like a ladder to get on top. It's so funny that she knew it was up there and was willing to make the treacherous climb to the top!!! LOL

Bentley, my male chin, is pretty goofy at times. He loves to run around the kitchen and was popcorning sideways all cool and bad and ended up in the dog's water dish. Luckily there was only an inch of water, just enough to get his feet wet. His expression was hilarious as he sat stunned for a few seconds then bounced out.
Sometimes I'll hand him a pellet instead of a treat and he grabs it up to nibble. Once he realizes what it is he'll freeze then slowly hold the pellet off to the side and dramatically drop it.

The first day I received the ChinSpin my girls were all over it. Pip was hesitant but she is the thinker among the two sisters. She slowly figured out the ChinSpin by day two. Her sister, Squeak, on the other hand, is the one who learns her lessons the hard way. After she mastered the basic trot on the first day, she revved it up more than few notches while sprinting her hardest. She found out that just because you stop running, doesn't necessarily mean the ChinSpin will also. LOL. She ended up looking like a piece of rag in a front loading washing machine!!!! I wish I had that footage. She's been careful ever since.......

When my chinchillas were younger one of them would run on the wheel. Not in, but on. Balancing on the very top and spinning it underneath him

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Back