Bag balm got on fur

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisse

Hello,
Today I rubbed a bit of bag balm on his ears since they where pretty dry. This was the first time that I applied bag balm to him, he wasn't really a fan lol but if it helps him I will continue. But after I finished he immediately scratched his ear with his foot and in the process he got some balm on his fur. It is not much but you can see that something is on that part of his fur. I thought of giving a dust bath but decided not to since I thought that the dust would stick to his ears. Is this a problem that it got a little bit on his fur? What can I do if it is a problem?

It's not a problem, even if he eats a little of it off his fur. Try to use less next time though, a little goes a long way, it should be mostly absorbed in his skin when you are done. Just wait until the ears are dry to give a bath or you can rub a little dust into the area of fur if you really want to to get it cleaned off right away.

Back