Rare albino hedgehog stolen

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Huh? I didn't know I had 2 such rare creatures. I don't think they know they should be hand fed and watered either. Please don't tell them.

How come I'm not rich since I have all these "rare" albinos. Only 1 in 100,000 carries the albino gene? Well I've got a millions worth of hedgehogs then and could pop out albinos any time someone wants one. Problem is, nobody does.

That is too funny. Who would run an article with out at least googleing it first?

.... Well, I feel like a dunce. Here I am, making my rare albino eat and drink all on her own! Shame on me. Maybe I shouldn't have gotten her fixed... who knows what valuable babies I'm missing out on?!

Police Sgt. Glenn Fossa said the animal was stolen Wednesday afternoon. He said Officer Matthew L. Burns was called to the pet store at 1:26 p.m. to investigate a shoplifting report. He was told a woman with two men entered the store, and after the woman took and held the hedgehog, all three fled with the animal and drove off in a Chevrolet Cavalier.

I named my albino Cavalier because I didnt want a typical "white" name but I have had two white cavaliers and they were both white.. So when I saw that I thought it was funny!

BTW If the hh needs to be hand fed wouldnt it be likely the animal is sick?

How come I'm not rich since I have all these "rare" albinos. Only 1 in 100,000 carries the albino gene? Well I've got a millions worth of hedgehogs then and could pop out albinos any time someone wants one. Problem is, nobody does.

Nancy, let me be your PR person. "Rare albino hedgehogs. One in 100,000. Very delicate and must be pampered. $500.00 to approved homes only."

You have to make people feel like if they pass up this opportunity, they are losers.

I wonder if perhaps this was a "bad" store and those people were "rescuing" the hedgie from unfortunate circumstances? While I don't condone stealing, I'd like to believe this version because it means that the hedgie will have a good life.

Tsk Tsk Sandi-I'm coming after Ronnie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I even bought metal tipped gloves for the event!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought some of you might get a kick out of that rare part... pet hedgehogs and wild euros must have the same rarities right???

I wonder if perhaps this was a "bad" store and those people were "rescuing" the hedgie from unfortunate circumstances? While I don't condone stealing, I'd like to believe this version because it means that the hedgie will have a good life.

Can't be that awful if they are hand feeding and hand watering her and giving extra grooming.

We must have the hardier smarter line of albinos. ;)

Hardier and smarter, indeed. Somehow, Kismet managed to convince me that I could leave a handful of kibbles in her bag to eat and that I should give her a chin rub each time I put her back in her cage.

These rare albinos certainly are smarter than the average hog. Mutants, I tell you. Mutants!

Can't be that awful if they are hand feeding and hand watering her and giving extra grooming.

Yeah... I know. I'm just choosing to live in a fantasy land for a bit because it allows me to believe the hedgie will be okay. I sure hope the people who took her know what they're doing.

Back