Checking Things Out

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

Kiah-Muz

This is just a cute little story I had to share...

So as some know, we made a new, huge cage for Kiah a few days ago. It's at least twice the size of his old cage, if not more.

Well, since then we've given him his space of figuring out his new home.... though it seemed like he pretty much just wanted to stay under his hat.

Well last night, we woke him up as we were going to bed since he likes to be out and about when the lights are off. I layed down and watched as my fiance' just sat there like a little kid, face up close to the cage, watching our little hedgie.

We soon (in the dark, mind you... I really need to get a camera with night-vision!!!) saw a little nose peak out from under his hat... then Kiah was just running all around- from one corner to another- in and out of tubes and his igloo- just everywhere!

So at first, we were giggling about that. Then Kiah got really close to my fiance's face... reaching up sniffing, then would duck and hiss... He wouldn't ball up- but he practically played peek a boo while continuously hissing for a few minutes! It's was the grumpiest, cutest thing I've ever seen! That until we walked over to me (the cage is right next to the bed) and was trying to reach up and sniff at me... even in the dark, I could see his little eyes looking up at me... and no hissing (I guess he likes me more... ;) ) I placed my hand next to the cage and I felt his little nose sniffing through the cage mesh... <3

So this sniffing fest lasted for awhile... it's the most active I've ever seen Kiah! Well, minus him trying to get out of the sink what we give him baths. So I guess Kiah likes his new place... but I have to wonder- hissing without being upset.... is that normal? Kiah's been doing that a lot directed toward my fiance'...

Maybe it's a male thing. :hilarious:

Either way, I had to share that little tidbit. Now I really want to get a camera with ngiht vision to catch these kinds of moments!​

Haha! That's too cute! Maybe Kiah was just making sure your fiance' knows who's boss... :hmm: Either way, that is precious, and I bet it's great to know he loves his new cage! :D

Back