Cuda does his own laundry! Kind of...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Courtney

... and the Dynamic Duo!
For two days now, I’ve woken up to a very angry hedgehog with no water in his dish. Cuda decided a while back that he’d much rather sleep in baby blankets or cotton tshirts, so that’s what he gets. For the last few days, I’ve woken up to find the blanket soaked, after being left in the water dish. Cuda is normally sitting beside the empty bowl, looking at me in complete disdain.

Yesterday, he did it twice within 20 minutes. I woke up, replaced his wet blankie and liner with a fresh one and refilled his water dish. I left my room to brush my teeth and wash my hair… and came back to find a very agitated hedgehog sitting beside a wet blanket. He was glaring at his empty bowl and hissing like he was completely and utterly insulted. After I replaced his blanket a second time, he had a drink while I gave him a lecture about doing his own laundry.

I don’t think he listened, because there was a wet blanket in his cage this morning, and he was in the process of dragging it into his tube when I turned the light on and caught him.

Silly boy. Mine only creates laundry for me to do. She has placed Housemouse and Frog (small stuffed animals) in her dish - I've found them sitting there with wet feet in the morning. I figured she was demonstrating footbath time to them.

Is he actually bringing the blanket to the water dish and putting it in? Or does the blanket start out beneath the dish and he spills while rearranging it?

Maybe Cuda can teach Phoebe how to DO laundry instead of PRODUCING it. You are a silly boy, Cuda! :heart3:

The blanket actually starts in the opposite end of his cage, where he sleeps. He either drags the blanket with him or walks to the dish and it just comes with him. Somehow though, it always ends up soaking wet.

I tried placing a ceramic tile on the blanket to hold it down, but somehow... he yanked the blanket out from under it and gave it a bath.

LOL! That must be it.

Do they make little hedgehog-sized washers and dryers? He needs a dryer. LOL.

That is so funny! Penny used to put her little Hippo toy in her food dish all the time. Like he needed a bath or something.

Wouldn't that be fantastic - hedgehog sized washers and dryers. It would make our jobs a whole lot easier! That story made me laugh so hard! :)

Back