The wheel is reborn!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hedgie_kid

Slave to 1 Prickly Pig
Right now, I am both happy and sleep deprived! I'm happy because after months of trying, Hot Dog now :heart3:LOVES:heart3: her wheel(knock on wood!)! She never really liked it but for a while she had totally quit. Starting a couple of nights ago, she has been going on for hours at a time. To tell you the truth, i was scared when I woke up around 3:00 AM and heard the sound of violent shaking. Well that's what it sounded like anyways. i turned on my light and it immediately stopped. I look at Hot Dog's cage and see her totally paralyzed on her wheel. I was unbelievably happy but fell right back to sleep. She was still on her wheel when I woke up at 7:00 but she had eaten some food and her bed was a bit messy so I don't think she had been wheeling for 4 hours straight. I know this thread was kind of random but I am SO happy she likes her wheel. I've been increasing her playtime so much lately because of her lack of exercise and I REALLY didn't want her to be over weight.
Thanks for reading!:thumbsup:

way to go hot dog! I know how great a feeling this is Liam stopped wheeling for about a week and I would have ran down the street in the middle of the night yelling MY HEDGEHOG IS RUNNING ON HIS WHEEL!!! but then i decided that i shoudn't risk being arrested for being crazy

Yay for wheeling! I'll never forget how happy I was the first time Ronnie ran on her wheel. Only other hh people would understand. :heart3:

Okay, at this point I am DEAD scared! Now Hot Dog learned that she can use her hat to hide under when she eats and that it is possible to sleep in the hedgie bag instead of underneath it! It is like something just clicked and she is a totalyl differerent hedgie!

This is great news! Sometimes it just takes awhile for them to get the hang of it. Penny was much the same. Now she is wheeling all the time, and sleeping in her hedgie bag too! Before she would just ignore both the wheel and the bag.

Back