I caught a glimpse

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlie

Stuck on Hedgies
The beautiful and graceful Miss Annabelle Oswald was caught on camera yesterday. She gave me a look that could kill, and I felt as if any lesson I had previously had on manners and respecting the privacy of others was merely a gentle friendly chat compared to what she was about to say. Ah well, I love her anyways and would give her a big sloppy kiss (but I won't tell her that, she'd be appalled at my lack of grace and modesty).

IMG_2781.jpg

If looks could kill....
IMG_2780.jpg

And obviously no one should ever mention that I took this picture:
IMG_2774.jpg

She would just be so upset if she knew something this private was seen by anyone else (but she was so cute:heart3:).

Charging eye lasers! Pew pew pew!

I love the little paw in the bathtime picture... she is so dainty, delicate, and perfect. :heart3:

I like how her giraffe is in her hedgie bag too... hee hee

Oh myyyyyyyyyyyyyy! She is so adorable. Maybe she would like to come and live with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Annabelle is a beautiful hedgie. :)
My little guy will stop running and just stand there to wait for me to leave the room. He does the "If I don't move, you can't see me" type deal. I don't think I've ever quite gotten a look like that though. Hehe

I have to ask... how is that wheel working out? Where did you get it from? Would it hold up to a heavier hog (400-500grams)? I think I might pick one up to try for Kismet because she seems rather scared of her wheel, no matter how I tilt it, line it or place it.

Marley had a flying saucer before she had the kids. She is over 500g and used it no problem. Petite Pebbles had it before she died and she ran like the wind on it. Maggie May has it right now and she runs awkwardly on it. She gets a normal wheel back tonight because she really doesn't look like she enjoys the fling saucer. Weird, but she almost looks too long for it even though Mags at just over 300g is not a large hedgehog.

Miss Annabelle Oswald loves her flying saucer thing (purchased at PetSmart). Hector won't touch his (but he likes the freedom outside his cage too much). Annie is 510g and is a very long hog. She does run a little awkwardly on it at first but because it is so low to the ground she doesn't seem phased by a foot coming off every so often. I have left her wheel in her cage too but she won't go near it (even after I've shown her several times how to use it). I think she would be better on her wheel but for now I'm leaving it up to her to choose each night. As long as it is a little dirty, she does wonderfully well on it. Most issues come right after I have washed it. Of course she insists on getting on it immediately after I wash it, even if I do it in the middle of the day.

Last edited:
I've been thinking about getting a flying saucer for Spiny because he *literally* dives off of his wheel while it's still turning pretty quickly. I don't know why he does this, but I've watched him go face first off of his wheel and into his litter. At least this way, he doesn't have as far to go!

I'm sorry.... but I have to ask this question... does the poo fling around more on a flying saucer? Spike somehow gets it on the rim of his bin... and almost on my carpet with just a bucket wheel.

I haven't had any problems with it flinging, either. Quentin gets it caked all over the wheel (and leaves poopy little footprints on his liners when he gets off), but I've yet to find any on the walls of the cage or on the wall beside the cage. I usually put a paper towel down under the wheel (sticking out an inch or two in front of it) to catch any urine, and to get some of the poop off his feet before he gets too far. He's about 400g and he loves that wheel--he's on it for hours every night. I'm really glad I decided to purchase that one instead of a comfort wheel.
They're so easy to clean, too!

That seems like it would work easier than a wheel as far as room goes. The wheels I have for my hedgies, I'd have to leave the tops off the cages because the wheels are too tall!!

Back