Maizy will be leaving soon :(

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tacotac

Maizy hasn't been doing well for awhile now. She is getting older. She started to loose weight and we took her to the vets where they did a blood test on her, and found out she had some internal bleeding, cancer, and liver disease. They gave us some medication to give her thinking she may have an ulcer or such as her poop was like tar. They had us feed her many times a day as much as she would eat and a special diet. She started to gain her weight back, but recently started to get thin again. We took her in for another check up and we insisted they do an x-ray on her this time, and they found out she has a stomach tumor rapidly growing around her stomach, making her stomach small, hence the reason she hasn't been eating much. They said there was not much else they could do for her. We will probably end up euthanizing her next week as I don't want to see her suffering. :tissue:

I am so very sorry. The recent pictures of this sweet little angel sleeping are so fresh in my mind. It takes so much love to set her free-she is lucky to have you in her life.

im so sorry to hear about poor maziy :cry4: give her lots of hugs and kisses and let her know you love her. its never eay to lose a loved one, :tissue:

I'm so sorry to hear about this. We recently lost our 3+ year old Thor and it was so sad to see him go. I hope you get to spend lots of time with Maizy during the days you guys have left together. I'm sure she knows, in her own hedgie way, how much you care about her.

We aren't sure exactly her age, we got her at an animal shelter over 3 years ago, and she seemed to be at least a year old when we got her, so she must be at least 4 years of age. You could tell she was aging in the last year as she seemed to be a bit weaker walking (but didn't seem to stop her from enjoying her wheel!), and she has had cataracts that got progressively worse. Anyways, I am gonna spend as much time I can with her, not that she doesn't spend most of her days out here sleeping in a cozy blankie on the couch or in my lap anyway :heart3::heart3:. I will miss her as she will be the last one I will have for awhile since this is my last year of school and I am planning to move on campus my last semester. After I graduate I will be in the process of finding my career job and not sure where I will be moving next. So until then I will be hedgie-less :(. Then my boyfriend talks of moving to Cali someday, which I don't want to because hedgehogs are illegal there, and they are an important part of my life, errrrr!!!

Back