Quinius The Hedgehog

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

letsdothehedgie

So I've had Quinn since the beginning of January but have not made an introduction thread for him. I thought I should probably get the ball rolling haha. He's about 11 weeks now and is a hefty 227 grams. His breeder frequents this website - Lovinhedgies. He is an awesome little guy. Very outgoing, it hard to get him to roll in a ball. He's very content to snuggle when I bring him out at night. I have discovered though he does NOT like to be bothered when It's 3 am and he's on a mission to wheel LOL. He get's very cranky!! He loves mealworms, and warmed up mashed banana. I've been trying other treats like baby food but nothing compares to bananas. Anyway, here are some pictures of my little man!

Attachments

• IMG_21988.jpg
    IMG_21988.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_21933.jpg
    IMG_21933.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_21000.jpg
    IMG_21000.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_21055.jpg
    IMG_21055.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 27
Thanks you guys! I love him so much!! I feel very lucky to have him. I also can't believe how fast he is growing. It seemed like week ago he could fit in one hand but now I need two for when I hold him.

I took some more pictures and a video of my handsome man!!

IMG_22377.png

Stalking his prey (not really)

IMG_22499.png

IMG_22500.png

he's kind of clumsy

I tried to get video of him eating a beetle but he didn't seem interested until after I put the camera away lol!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOZ8CKb1CWc

he's quilling right now which is why he's a little itchy in the beginning. I've been giving him warm rinses with flaxseed oil to help soothe him.

He is a cutie. I got my guys long after they quilled, so didn't have to go through that, but it must be really uncomfortable for them. That he's still so sweet even through that is great. :)

He has a voracious appetite!! When I first offered him a beetle he didn't even hesitate before he gobbled it right up haha. To my surprise he hasn't been nearly as huffy as I was expecting during quilling. He's really only crabby when he first wakes up. He gets a little huffy if I touch his back, but otherwise he's got a great demeanor.

I had a dream that I was playing with him last night. It was a good dream but it was saddening to wake up and realize it was only a dream. It's hard to think about him with out getting emotional but it's getting better. Extra cuddle time with the kitties helps immensely.

Back