Sneezing/squeaking?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sugarandspite

I adopted my chinchilla Sugar recently (just brought her home this past Saturday) and she's been making a squeak-like noise that almost sounds like sneezing. At first it was only when she was out of her cage, but now she's been doing it inside her cage as well. The temperature in the room is about 68 degrees, though I'm not sure of the humidity. I'm giving her the same Oxbow Timothy hay and same brand of food she was given in the pet store I work at/adopted her from. She only occasionally makes the noise, so I'm not sure if it's actually a sneeze or if it's an indication that she's like, interested in something? The first few times she made it were when she was out of her cage exploring around my room, specifically my fan and my desk chair. Is there any way to tell the difference between a sneeze and a squeak, or any other signs I should be looking out for to know if she needs to see the vet?

Back