Chin got into cleaning products!!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoneyBee123

He seems fine and I'm keeping an eye on him but my little Penelope chewed his way into a bottle of "nature's miracle cage odour eliminator"

The hole in the bottle was very small so I'm thinking he left it alone once he broke through. He has plenty of fresh water, pellets and hay to eat and I'm going to be monitoring his appetite.

I need advice, has any of your chins gotten into pet cage cleaning products? Should I be worried? What should I be looking out for, do I need to take him to the vet?

Attachments

• DSC_0429.jpg
    157 bytes · Views: 22
  • DSC_0433.jpg
  • DSC_0432.jpg
Looking at the bottle I have, it says harmful if swallowed. I would call the vet, let them know what it is and what is in it and see what they say and what to watch for. As for any piece of plastic, just make sure he keeps pooping and it should pass within 24 hours.

On a side note, a much safer thing to use for cage cleaning is vinegar and water.

Thanks Amethyst, I'll continue monitoring him. He still poops like crazy. And not that its important but the spray was used to deodorize my mouse cage that I used to have.

Back