Which food?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What should I feed?

• Oxbow

Votes: 26 61.9%
  • Tradition

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Mazuri

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • Brytin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 6 14.3%

• Total voters
I use Oxbow, which I can get in 25lb bags local. Plus the chins really seem to like it, even the rescues when they come in and we do the feed switch don't seem to mind the change.

I use Manna Pro, but that is only because I can get it at a good price locally in 50lb bags, which is necessary for when you have so many chins. I honestly would probably switch to Oxbow or Mazuri if it were available in large quantities around here. Mazuri is what I used for the 6+ years when I had 2 pet chins. So I personally recommend one of those two brands since you only have one chin and can typically get 5lb bags at Pet Smart or online.

I use Oxbow for food and hay Drs. Foster and Smith has sales on Oxbow products often i saved a ton of money by buying in bulk from them when stuff is on sale :)

I use Oxbow since its the easiest to find in my area and my boy LOVES the stuff. When I got him he was on cheap crumbly dusty rabbit pellets which he mostly threw around. As soon as I started transitioning to the Oxbow, he'd only eat the new pellets and ignore the old stuff!! Big hit! The only other brand I've found around here is Mazuri but I've only seen it in one store. Its easier just to get Oxbow since the small pet supply shop in the plaza across the street from my house sells it. Its a bit pricey at that store but it lasts a good while.

I use Mazuri. It was the cheapest while being healthy that I can get. Locally there's Oxbow, which is marked up fairly expensive, but the petstore's mill dates are old and the rest of what they carry isn't healthy (I was surprised at how much they had until I saw the 5-10 brands were all treat filled). So I order online and just watch so I never run low before ordering more. I've gotten free shipping on the big bag before, maybe Google for a coupon or watch for sales if you can?
http://www.mazuri.com/chinchilla.as...GKBxnh9Gd8GMUR7VtCYPGtx1RjLptBNwenKQAAL_D_BwE

I feed Oxbow and Eli loves it! Never had any other brand. :))

I have used Mazuri in the past but then my local supplier stopped carrying it. Switched to Manna Pro, was not a fan and then went to Blue Seal Hutch Deluxe and love it. I used oxbow when I had only two chins and would love to go back to that or Mazuri if I could get it in bulk locally. But for now Blue Seal is great.

Hi guys, I used Oxbow, Burgess chinchilla food. I've tried some other food in the past but my chinnies seem to love the Oxbow the best :thumbsup:

I feed mine with Oxbow pellets and hays. I am getting Timothy chips/cubes from Farmer Dave. Not sure how Candy will like it.

I feed Milo oxbow pellets and Timothy hay, he seems to really love those pellets!

Back