Skylar

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmandaDi

You Have No Idea!
Just had to make one of those selfless decisions that you never want to make. I told the vet it was time to let Skylar go. This afternoon she started to prolapse her intestines so she went back to the vet. A large portion was already dead. He did find healthy intestines and put them back in, but we are pretty sure it would have just happened again if we didn't do a surgery she probably wouldn't have survived anyhow. She was 10. She put up a really good fight and she was alert and happy when she left, so that's how I will remember her.

For those of you who didn't see the long battle I have had with Skylar, you can find it in the health sections and emergency sections. She cut her tail back in July. Since then we've had two amputation surgeries, a battle GI issues, success, and more failure. Its been close to 3 months since it all started. She put up one heck of a fight!

I am so sorry.Those words just don't even touch what both of you have gone through.Know in your heart that you both did everything possible and fought hard for her.May your sad memories soon be able to let the happy ones take over.Skylar fought a hard battle and so did you. Run freely now sweet Skylar in your perfect pain free new spirit and keep all the other fuzzers company til we all meet up again.

Sorry for your loss. I had a mom last year that delivered 3 babies. The babies were about 6 weeks old when I noticed blood from the mom's private parts. I hand fed her took the babies away. The vet had her for 3 weeks when he told me she passed away. He did a necropsy and found an abcess on her intestines. He said no matter what she would have died.

Sorry for your loss Amanda :( I know you fought so very hard for her, and took such good care of her! Its such a hard decision to make, but you did absolutely everything you possibly could. Take comfort it all the good memories you had with her, I am sure there are many! I can tell you loved her very much and I know you cared for her greatly even through her last day.

Thanks everyone! I am going to take a photo of the last pic the vet took of her before she had her tail amputated. You all have to see how pretty she was.

They also made me a clay heart with her feet impression, but it hasnt totally hardened yet so I will get a pic later.

Attachments

• skylar.jpg
    skylar.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 33
Love the photo with the flower! She was a very pretty girl! Its really nice of them to make a clay impression of her little feet for you, I hope it continues to bring good memories.

Poor girl. At least her suffering is over. What a horrible thing to have gone through for both of you.

The vet clinic sent me flowers. Here is also a photo of the clay heart the vet tech made for me.

Attachments

• 2013-10-12-081-4x6.jpg
    2013-10-12-081-4x6.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 2013-10-12-085-4x6.jpg
    2013-10-12-085-4x6.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 20
She was beautiful... I'm very sorry for your loss and that clay heart is a very nice gift and rememberance.

Back