New hedgehogs

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akane

I believe she's a chocolate double snowflake from all the white. She's very friendly and active. Last night she took over the bed killing my husband's sock and then falling off while attacking my sports bra. Don't worry we have a foam platform bed so she only had 6" or so to tumble down on to a pile of clothes. These guys are like terriers when they get an interesting scent. While untangling her I actually ended up lifting her by the clothing she had in her teeth. She also has a fascination with cleaning feet and armpits. Unfortunately this includes nipping but she hasn't broken skin. Not like that one at the last breeder who latched on to my finger and wouldn't let go for anything.

She loves to dig and keeps getting under her fleece instead of going in her hedgie bag and I keep moving her. I'm going to have to get some boards or bricks to hold down the fleece. So here she is all sleepy from being moved.
DSCN1545_zps4a96c55c.jpg

DSCN1546_zps6b1ae428.jpg

Explore the cage real quick
DSCN1547_zps98bd798b.jpg

DSCN1548_zps87e79265.jpg

Back to sleeping in a proper hedgie bag (for now)
DSCN1549_zps9d622cc1.jpg

I think I have it blocked off so she can't get under her floor anymore. Her favorite spot to sleep anyway is between our legs under a blanket. When I had to get up to unload the dishwasher I found her all sprawled out on her belly between my knees. She wouldn't settle until my husband gave her the same setup with his blanket.

Next week the weather is suppose to be warmer and she's going on her first outing to the gaming store my husband frequents. He has a couple people there who already want some of our hoglets including the owner. Most haven't seen a real live hedgehog though so they can see what they really think.

Back