Flagyl Tasting Good?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Murphybabyboy

My chin, Murphy, was just prescribed flagyl for giardia. I noticed that he was licking the syringe willingly, which I found odd. The vet's office told me that the taste is bitter and Murph would hate it. After I noticed he was licking it, I decided to put a drop on my finger to see if he would lick it up. He did, and he acted like he wanted more. I offered him a treat right after, and all he was interested in was the finger that had the drop on it. Is this normal? Has anyone else experienced it? Also would it be okay to let him lick his dosage off of me instead of squirting it into his mouth?

My chinchilla, Charlie, has been on the same drug for the past few weeks too, and he loves it! Not sure why. My vet told me to put mine on 5 days on, 2 weeks off, 5 days on. I’m curious what happens next...as my chinchillas droppings are back to normal.may I ask, how Murphy is doing now? I also separated him from his cage mate and they seem to miss each other...hoping I can put them back together soon!

Back