i sprayed for bugs

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benjoming

i sprayed for bugs a while ago to kill roaches and such and i just got a chinchilla about 10 months old and im new to owning one but i know they need to run around is it safe for her to run around in the bath room where i sprayed at the only place i didnt spray was in my room.

Is all the roach spray cleaned up? Have you washed the bathroom where it was sprayed since? Also generally those sprays say how long you need to wait before it's safe for a human baby to crawl around in the area. I would wait at least as long as the spray says to for a baby and wash the bathroom down so you know all the poison is gone.

Another option is to just get or make a play pen and play with the chin in your room instead since you didn't spray there. If you use cardboard you can make as big of a play area as you want for cheap or even free if you can get empty boxes from a store. They don't really need to run around though, so long as you have them in an appropriate size cage. If you don't have somewhere safe to run and play it's better to leave them in the cage. You can also give the chin a wheel, just make sure it's solid metal not plastic and at least 15" in diameter like the metal flying saucer or the Chin Spin or one of these homemade style wheels on etsy just make sure it's metal and big enough. I have never see a pet store sell a chin safe wheel, so online is pretty much your only option.

Back