Reintroducing Chins

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cindriandkaj

Hi All!

I have 2 male chins who are brothers from the same litter. Long story short, one of them got injured and has been separated for over a month. He’s finally healed and ready to go back to his big cage with his brother but I’m having trouble reintroducing them. The uninjured brother was definitely the alpha before but not it’s the injured brother who’s trying to be alpha. I tried to introduce them in the most neutral place I could, but the uninjured chin keeps running and shedding large clumps of fur every time the injured one gets near him and the injured one keeps chasing him. I’m at a loss because they were very close before all this happened and I don’t have the money or space to house both of them in adequate cages separately. The injured chinchilla is currently in a small one level cage because his activity needed to be restricted. I’ve been through so much with these guys over the past few months, I just want everything to go back to normal with them.

Back