Applewood sticks

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kraucci

Does anyone have any recommendations on quality applewood sticks to get online? The ones I had been getting for my chin aren't local anymore. I have some from Petco now, but if there are better ones, I would love to check them out.

Thanks!

Check out the vendors on here, several hand processes fresh apple (and many other) wood, check the banner ads as well as the classifieds. If you want a specific vendor, I recommend Ronda's Chinchillas she seems to have the largest variety I've seen, and my chins love the wood. But as I said their are many others that also sell wood on here, pet store sticks are over processed (and can be pretty old), so it's not uncommon for chins to not like them, and over priced. You can get about twice the wood for cheaper from a vendor online then you can in a pet store, for example of a pound of wood from a pet store you are looking at around $40 (depending if the packages are on sale), a pound of apple wood from a store like Ronda's costs a little over $20 including shipping in the US.

Back