Critical care given in a bottle?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

Has anyone successfully attempted to give their chinchillas Critical Care (mixed with water) in a bottle? Much like you do with their regular water. I understand I have to be extra careful with bottle hygiene, but apart from that - can I harm him by doing this?

Thanks for your input!

I don't see how it would work, the CC would clog up the exit. Are you needing to provide CC while you are away?

I tried it and just like you said, it clogged up the exit.

Yeah, I'd like him to be able to eat his CC while I sleep or while I'm at work. That's unfortunate. :(

Does he have dental issues, meaning he is hungry but can't eat? If so you can make critical care balls, small pellet size balls and put that in a bowl so he can eat it.

He was diagnosed with malocclusion 5 years ago. I went back yesterday and the vet wanted to put him down and made a huge deal out of the fact that I wanted to bring him home instead. She says he's in extreme pain.

But he's still energic, wants to eat and wants to come out of the cage all the time. He's different sure, but I can't put him down like this.

I'll try to make some CC-balls today. Thanks for the tip!

Back