Bamboo leaves?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yuudoku.Niji

I have a live bamboo plant and I've read that the actual bamboo can cause splinters... but what about the leaves?

Bamboo is a safe wood for chinchilla according to the Internet but I'm not an expert. Might want some other more expert advice from people on the forum.

Bamboo is actually a type of grass, so I'm pretty sure the leaves are safe, assuming you know for a fact that the bamboo has never had any form of pesticide of chemicals used on it ever. I know for a fact the leaves are safe for humans (used in tea and other food), and safe for dogs, cats, guinea pigs, rats, and birds.

Bamboo is actually a type of grass, so I'm pretty sure the leaves are safe, assuming you know for a fact that the bamboo has never had any form of pesticide of chemicals used on it ever. I know for a fact the leaves are safe for humans (used in tea and other food), and safe for dogs, cats, guinea pigs, rats, and birds.

Well I got it from the plant section of a grocery store. Soo... I'm not quite sure..

I would not feed it to your chin if it came from a grocery store. They are subject to all kinds of chemicals which are not safe for your chin. I didn't see it on either the safe or bad list, but if it is indeed safe, I would only give 100% organic bamboo.

Back