chicory??

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pamszoo

Love Cats
Does anyone know if this is safe to give a chin?
It's called: Gentle Digest ( I use it for the cats)
ingredients: Lactic Acid Bacillus providing 50 million viable live spores per capsule
and Chicory 50mg
It's the chicory I'm unsure of.
Any help is appreciated!

I'm not really sure, someone on here will probably have the answer-what is it for??? Maybe there is something known to be chin safe...

Sorry, I tried lol

Its prebiotics and probiotics to help promote growth of good bacteria in the digestive system.

I had the page from c-n-q bookmarked with the good proibiotics listed....

I'll see if I can find it, but otherwise you could try pming someone like Tunes-I bet she'll know the name off the top of her head...

I personally don't know about chicory, I tried looking it up and see that humans normally use it for health reasons, but I'm not sure about chins.

The only thing about that probiotic, is that you want the most possible bacteria that you can get. This is not coming from me, but I remember reading that in order for the beneficial bacteria to make it to the cecum (because they need to travel quite a ways without all dying first) you need in the billions for it to be effective. I've read that atleast 10 billion to be effective. So with that number, the bacteria won't make it to the area they need to be, most of them will probably die before then.

I did find chicory on a safe list. But chicory itself. That mix you're talking about I don't know.

I'm not really sure, someone on here will probably have the answer-what is it for??? Maybe there is something known to be chin safe...

Sorry, I tried lol

Could you please stop guessing?

Chicory is a laxative. I wouldn't give it to chinchillas habitually. Simple Acidophilus purchased from the health food section of the store works just as well and is safer.

Back