Food for young ones?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PpunkTheHedgehog

Might be a dumb question but I got my first hedgehog when he was basically an adult, and I recently got a younger girl Natalia. Should younger hedgehogs (like 8 weeks) have more or less protein/fat/fiber percentages or different food? I haven't heard anything about entirely different food requirements, but maybe certain supplements that I should be sure my new little girl gets to help her grow up big and strong. Right now she's on Blue Diamond Spa Select Lite (i think?) cat food, and I plan on adding a second when I can get to the store, along with mealworms and we're trying to get her to eat some wet cat food and other fruits/veggies but she's not at all interested in anything but kibble and worms so far. (of course, it's only been 4 days but still lol)

Suggestions on another cat food to compliment the other would be appreciated. I looked for that "Chicken soup for the cat lovers soul" or whatever it's called but couldn't find it?? Thaaanks

I don't think she would need anything special as long as she is eating and gaining weight. For other foods my Luna says Fromm Chicken and Veg is her favorite.

Worms are good and wet cat food. You can also try baby food or scrambled eggs. Don't overload with treats right away, just a little bit at a time or it could upset her tummy.

I tend to choose kibble that's smaller in size for the little ones. Stuff like Fromm or Now!

And I second Raindog's thoughts on the overall kind of food and timing of treats.

Back