Cage placement... is that good?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FiaSpice

Wheel Cleaner X2
Ok, I'll be moving soon and I'm starting to plan more and more what will go where. I planed to put Litchi in the spare/laudry room. It's like a small bedroom with washer and dryier in it (it's 11X10 feet). Is that ok to put her there? I fugured that it's a smaller place and more easy to keep the right temperature than the living room (and she'll be more quiet). I rarely wash on hot water so I don't think it's gonna be humid too much . I just want some other opinions.

The washer isnt what makes the room hot. Its the dryer. Wet clothes(any temp) plus heat makes it humid. The waser cycle my run maybe the first 15 minutes. While the dryer may run for an hour. I personally would think that the room would get too hot. Also most laundry rooms dont have windows. So unless yours has windows to allow light in I would at that as another reason not to put her in there. You would be using more electricity to light the room.

Oh yea and 10x11 is pretty big for a laundry room. Thats average sized spare rooms around here. So I wouldnt count on it being "easier" to maintain the temperature.

Yes it has a window, actually, one tennant above me used it as a kid beroom. I don't use my dyier much and rarely more than 40 minutes. In a previous appartment, the laudry room was like the space of the washer/dryer + 2 feet ach way and it didn't get hot. Maybe I'll have to try and monitor the temperature.

Back