Fromm & Merrick

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tacotac

Anyone feed these to their hedgies? Do they like them, do they maintain a good weight on them? I want to know before I buy some. My hedgies are a bit picky & on the lighter side. They do eat, but I can't seem to get them to have more weight on them, especially with one having heart issues & I can't seem to get him over 300 grams, he is just barely to 300, but at least they are all maintaining their weight. I just want to find something they would really enjoy eating. Right now they are on Blue Buffalo, Innova & Wellness.

I'm feeding Fromm Duck a la Veg as part of my mix, and there is never a single kibble of it left in the morning. All three pick it out first, then eat the other two varieties. It is a higher fat content food, but I have two marathoners that need the extra calories or they lose weight. Both were around 290 and I couldn't get their weight up. Now one is at 330 the other at 310 (still gaining).

I have not tried the Merrick.

Mine have eaten Fromm (Tex has had Mature Gold over the last year or so), but I haven't heard of Merrick. Tex and Satin seemed to like the Fromm just fine.

Back