"Dwarf" Chinchillas

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to get in the middle of this but if the OP is only 13, then he is probably occupied with a little thing called school and unable to respond let alone aware of the debate at the moment. He/she may reply after 3pm which is when most kids get dismissed from that minor little thing we call an education. :)

I'm glad to hear that someone has been able to breed a healthy dwarf. From what I have seen when people breed them they end up with chins with health issues and may not have very long lifespans. So, that is encouraging to hear!

Every now and then, like Kristy said, a breeder will end up with a dwarf. I always look at them as being runts and don't really pay much attention to them. Meaning that they go to a pet home and I ask about how they are doing. So far all the "runts" seem to be just fine and haven't had any bad issues that I know of, but I have heard other people say that they have had health issues with the dwarves.

This thread has been interesting to read, up until the point where people started getting angry at each other for assorted reasons. Exploring a new mutation for breeding is always challenging and a little scary. Differing opinions get people into heated discussion ...blah blah.

Tabitha - when Summer breeds the dwarves does she breed back to normal sized chins? Can this be considered to be somewhat like breeding for a recessive trait? Is it predictable?

I also want to add that the person in question is not even allowed to be ON this forum. The age limit is 14. If they admit they are 13, then they need to leave until they turn 14.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back