Crazy idea?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starrynight0621

I have been into one too many pet stores where I have seen chins living in sub-par conditions.

I have thought about making a chinchilla education packet for the pet store to give to people who are interested in purchasing a chinchilla. Has anyone done this before? I can see the pet store saying "sure!" and tossing it in the trash...

I know Petsmart has a chinchilla brochure, but it says you should give your chinchilla fresh fruits and vegetables. :banghead:

Large corporations have very strict guidelines they follow, including what pamphlets are available to their customers. Most stuff like that has to go through their legal people, as the corporation is liable for it. You would have to inform the company from the inside out. They would not be allowed to accept your literature just nilly willy. Of course I'm talking about companies like Petco and Petsmart. If you're talking about a small "Ma and Pop" store...that would be different.

Write something up, post it for the chinny experts here to edit, and place an ad in the Nickels Worth paper or whatever it's called where you are. (I would post it under Misc. to get more reads) That way you can educate those who already have chins too. You could possibly help a lot of chins for $10-$20

Write something up, post it for the chinny experts here to edit, and place an ad in the Nickels Worth paper or whatever it's called where you are. (I would post it under Misc. to get more reads) That way you can educate those who already have chins too. You could possibly help a lot of chins for $10-$20

Thats a great ideal!

Back