Buffalo Blue Weight control

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikayla

Is this a good food? My new hedgie is on a hedgehog diet and I want to get him off it when I get it, this is the food that sounded the best (with my extremely limited knowledge) 28% protein, 9% fat

Thanks!

That is a good food, however I would combine a couple of different foods. Search on hedgehogcentral.com for more food options to add - they have some great threads that show all the percentages for each food :)
My hedgehogs get a blend of Authority Indoor Formula, Wellness Indoor Health, Halo Spot's Stew Sensitive Formula Turkey Recipe, Authority Sensitive Solutions formula, Blue Buffalo Spa Select Weight Control Formula, and Natural Balance Green Pea and Duck. I get it packaged from Dorman Exotics because I could never use all that food before it went bad! I also add in Royal Canin Kitten Formula for my female hedgehog because she has always been so tiny!!

Last edited:
I know Mikayla is banned, but I just wanted to note that Chi eats the Blue Buffalo Indoor Health. She doesn't eat any other pre made food than that. I have been giving her mealworms and wax worms to supplement.

She is still getting used to her new surroundings (its been a month and a half now), as I am learning how to best care for her. Her previous owner had her on Blue Buffalo, and I am happy that it is such a great food that I can keep her on it.

Back