Ideas for housing

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Mattplusness

Well, first off, i'm a very DIY kind of guy, so I plan on making a snazzy house for my soon-to-be new family member. What I was looking for was some ideas for the housing. I will be making it ouut of storage bins or something of the like (not a cage). I was just wondering if anyone had any clever ideas such as stairs in a spiral or something, I don't know, use your imagination! When I have it built I will upload pics and step by step instructions for anyone who cares.

When making second levels you need to keep in mind that not all hedgehogs will even use a second level. Many will not regardless of the type of ramp.

Ramps need to be shallow angled and fully enclosed so hedgie does not fall off. A solid non slip surface is necessary but it also needs to be able to be easily removed and washed. You will probably find that next to the wheel, the ramp is a favourite potty area.

Going up is not as big a deal to them as coming down, so the ramp needs to be something they are comfortable with when coming down.

Thanks for that. So now I will build it so it can start off being stacked on the other, if not, it will be an off-chute with a pvc tunnel

Back