Any kibble shaped like X's?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

realmkp

Hi I am trying to transition Harriet from IAMs kitten Proactive which is an X shape and I tried mixing in Wellness Healthy weight but she will eat only the Iams kibble. It very well could be the taste but it may also be the shape. I was wondering what other healthy cat foods out there are shaped like X's? I read that Chicken soup for the cat lovers soul is but which one specifically or are all of them? Like is it Adult cat formula or adult cat light formula or both? Any and all other ones that I could try to mix in would be appreciated!! Thank you so much!

It could be the taste of the Wellness that isn't liked. They've changed all their formulas (and not for the better) now that they are in mainstream pet stores.

All of the Chicken Soups are X shaped. Katz n Flocken and By Nature Organics are both X shaped also.

Have you tried mixing the two foods so that the wellness takes on some of the flavor or smell of the Iams?

A couple of tricks is to mix the two into a jar, shake and let it stay together. Another is to crush the iams into a fine powder and sprinkle it on top of the wellness (or shake in a jar) to coat it. It helps mask the "strange food" with something familiar.

Back