Sterile bins vs ferret nation?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fuzzles123

can someone tell me which one would be better according to price,size, heating, etc.:hedgie2:

Price: Sterilite bins win this category. You can get a suitable size for under $20. Ferret Nations start at about $150 CDN.

Size: Sterilite bins come in a variety of sizes and through the use of tunnel systems, can be as large as you want. Ferret Nations are available in one size - 25 inches X 36 inches.

Heating: Sterilite bins trump this category as well. Since the walls are solid, they retain heat much better. Ferret Nations have wire sides, which means hot air can escape. They don't stay very warm at all, and in most cases, a space heater is required to keep the ambient temperature at a safe level.

Personally, I've used both and liked both. However, I prefer Ferret Nations because they look great and have wide swinging doors. With a little modification, they're great for hedgehogs. Note that the cage NEEDS a solid barrier around the bottom edge to discourage escaping and climbing. The wire spacing is big enough that a hedgehog can work it's head through and possibly get stuck.

I'm sure someone else will be along to chime in.

This is sort of off topic, but how would a C&C cage compare to both of those?

Back