Humidifiers?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LucksAngel28

Ashley
Hi! I was wondering if anyone ever uses a humidifier in the same room as their hedgie cages/ if it's okay. I keep Maserati's cage in my bedroom right now since it's easiest that way with the setup of my apartment, but I've been having a ton of sinus/allergy problems lately and would like to use a humidifier, but only if it's safe for little Masi. Any input would be great! Thanks!

I use a humidifier frequently in the hedgie room during the winter. I use a hot air one. I tried the cool air type but found it seemed to create a cool draft regardless of where I put it in the room. Of course with only one hedgehog, that won't be such an issue.

One nice thing about the warm air one is it also creates heat so my heater barely turns on. :)

I would say though to use one that doesn't have a mentholated filter or something like that. I've seen humidifiers with oils and stuff in the filters to make the room smell good or soothe the sinuses, but they may be bad for hedgies... anyone know for sure?

Okay. I am allergic to fragrances so Maserati and I get along just fine as far as aroma stuff goes. Thank you!

We use one because Nuance gets dry skin easily, and when we use the humidifier (mostly in the winter) she doesn't scratch as much. It is in the corner the farthest from the cage. It is a little one, but it works well.

I believe that humidifiers are essential for keeping a hedgehog's skin from getting too dry. I have used one ever since Spiny came to us! (in the winter anyways).

I get SUCH dry skin if I don't remember to fill it up and I find that Spiny's ears get a little ragged if it's not on. Also, I use a cool air humidifier. Spiny is way up high so he won't feel the cool draft it creates.

Back